After 18 years, Campi ya Kanzi is a brand new lodge -
and it is as green as can be!
Luca an Antonella scouted this beautiful landscape in 1995, and after long negotiations with the Maasai, they began building the camp in July 1996. The camp was completely solar back then, clearly being ahead of the times!
It will be of no surprise to you to hear how we have completely transformed Campi ya Kanzi, into an even more eco-friendly luxury community camp!
- New luxury tented cottages, with amazing artwork by artist Gian Paolo Tomasi
- New custom made Italian linens
- New custom made Italian bedding
- New bathrooms, with an amazing low energy lighting system - doesn't it look beautiful?!
- New hot water solar system; revolutionary technology not using direct sunlight but UV light - This guaranteeing hot water, with no carbon emissions, even on cloudy days
- New photovoltaic system, also using a revolutionary technology where solar panels produce direct electricity without having to charge batteries. It translates to a much longer lifespan of the battery bank, while having zero carbon emissions for our electricity needs
- New interior decor at Tembo House - including new sofas!
There are SO many more updates to share with you - check out the latest newsletter right here with all the details!