Epic Air Safari: Zanzibar to Campi ya Kanzi

4th June

Today we fly from Tanzania to Kenya, the last 261 miles out of 6,800 over 34 days.  We take a boat to Matemwe Beach and then drive to the airport.  Time to fly home.  It feels a bit strange… these 34 days have really flown by.  The flight from Zanzibar to Mombasa is lovely, but even  more scenic is the one from Mombasa to Campi ya Kanzi.  Tsavo is unusually green thanks to unexpected late rains.  The waterholes are full, and we see some elephants bathing in them.  The Green Hills of Africa are home, and today they emerald green.


We land to find Stefano and Samson welcoming us home.  Jacopo, with his broken arm, and Lorenzo are with our Maasai team, all lined up to greet us outside Tembo House.  It is nice to be home but also a bit bitter, as it means we will soon say goodbye to our friends who have been on safari with us.

The short game drive to Olkiri gives all of us a sense of peace and tranquility.  The vast green plains, the glimpse of Kilimanjaro, and the zebras, impalas, and hartebeest all welcome us home.  Barbara makes the night even more special when she plays the Out of Africa theme on her violin before dinner at Tembo House.



 5th June

Today is the last day of our air safari.  Some of us go for a walk, while others opt for a restful morning watching impalas, hartebeest, baboons, and warthogs at the waterhole.

My highlight of the day?  When I ask our guests to name three highlights of the air safari at lunch and Pierre, always very sharp with his honest and raw comments, says “Campi ya Kanzi, Campi ya Kanzi, Campi ya Kanzi.”  It is a nice feeling to know that our friends feel as much at home as we do and that they leave with the desire to come back soon, feeling that this 34-day safari was too short!  All went smoothly, and everything worked out as planned.

It is with a bit of sadness that we have dinner outside the Tembo House, watching the moon rise over the cloud forest.  Tomorrow will be farewell time.  We have a lot of memories to treasure from a fantastic month spent together discovering the beauty of Africa.  We toss to the next air adventure.

Thank you for reading my diary over the last month.  I hope I have transmitted some of the amazing emotions that this air safari has ignited for us.

Comments

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs.Irene Query. I live in Philippines and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $150,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of$150,000.00 US. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Irene Query, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.


    1. Your Full names:_______
    2. Contact address:_______
    3. Country Of Residence:______
    4. Loan Amount Required:________
    5. Duration:_____
    6. Gender:_____
    7. Occupation:________
    8. Monthly Income:_______
    9. Date Of Birth:________
    10.Telephone Number:__________

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Us: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts